Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Hywel Francis

Aberavon and Neath Liberal Democrats mourn the passing of Dr Hywel Francis, historian and former member of parliament for Aberavon. We extend our condolences to his family and friends.

Ian Sherwood writes:

Very sorry to have just read about the passing of Hywel Francis . {When I was a local councillor and later mayor of Briton Ferry] and he was Labour MP, we had lively political conversations and political difference but he was a man of principle and he deeply cared about the people he served. I could also go and ask him anything . He was instrumental in the passing of Sam’s bill which helped carers considerably. This was done from personal experience playing a big part. He was an active constituency MP and a very interesting historian and lecturer . Perhaps of all the people from different political parties I’ve come across, one of the ones I felt I had most in common with. Thoughts with his family at this difficult time.

No comments: