The main proposals contained in Chris Huhne's paper, "A Life Away From Crime", launched yesterday, include:
* The creation of a Youth Volunteer Force, to engage with young people, involve them in community projects and give them skills to benefit them in later life
* Establish Community Justice Panels across the country, where offenders admit their guilt to the community and agree on a Positive Behaviour Order as a course of action
* Create a dedicated PCSO youth officer within every Safer Neighbourhood Team to identify and work with teenagers most at risk of offending
* 10,000 more police on the streets by scrapping the ID cards scheme
* Intelligence-led stop and search and ‘hot spot policing’ targeted at gun and knife crime
* Restorative justice programs to be run in every community, specifically targeted at early intervention with widespread use in schools and care homes
More details, and a link to the full paper, can be obtained by clicking the heading to this post.