· Offer 5000 training grants (worth £2000 each) a year to new businesses that set up in Wales and take on young unemployed people.
· Create a Jobs and Growth Innovation Programme to increase the number of patents, establishing business mentoring schemes and upgrading old manufacturing sites for new jobs.
· Cut red tape for businesses by introducing a ‘one-in-one-out’ rule whereby no new regulation is brought in without other regulation being cut by a greater amount.
· Streamline inspection of businesses by co-ordinating and minimising the number of visits. We would target repeat offenders but inspect compliant businesses less, with the aim of co-operative compliance rather than prosecution.
· Allow councils to fund regeneration projects, paid for from future business rate income through Tax Increment Financing (TIF).
· Freeze business rates for a year.